We are happy to announce that WFG and its construction subsidiaries: Modus, Ambit and Two, have become Construction Leadership Council (CLC) ConstructZERO partners.
The mission of the construction leadership council is to work with government and industry organisations to develop and promote solutions and initiatives that meet the 2025 challenges for a safer, cleaner, and more innovative future. Working alongside the CLC as ConstructZero partners, WFG and its subsidiaries will be setting up an ESG taskforce to help formulate our ESG strategy which ties into ConstructZERO, ISO14001 and our targeted BCorp accreditation.
The CLC’s 9 priorities will be at the forefront of our strategy making process:
- Accelerating the shift of the construction workforce to zero emission vehicles and onsite plant
- Optimise the use of Modern Methods of Construction and improved onsite logistics, in doing so reducing waste and transport to sites
- Championing developments and infrastructure investments that both enable connectivity with low carbon modes of transport and design to incorporate readiness for zero emission vehicles
- Work with Government to deliver retrofitting to improve energy efficiency of the existing housing stock
- Scale up industry capability to deliver low carbon heat solutions in buildings, supporting heat pump deployment, trials of hydrogen heating systems and heat networks
- Enhancing the energy performance of new and existing buildings through higher operational energy efficiency standards and better building energy performance
- Implementing carbon measurement, to support our construction projects in making quantifiable decisions to remove carbon
- Become world leaders in designing out carbon, developing the capability of our designers and construction professionals to design in line with circular economy shifting commercial models to reward measurable carbon reductions
- Support development of innovative low carbon materials as well as advancing low carbon solutions for manufacturing production processes and distribution
Tim White, Chief Operating Officer at Workplace Futures Group, states:
“We are already seeing huge changes in our sector and recognise the significant role we have in improving the carbon footprint of all our construction activities. The net zero objective will redefine how we do business, so we are working closely with our supply chain and other business partners to develop a framework for change.
WFG will providing regular updates on CO2nstruct Zero developments over the coming months.”
Alongside the CLC, WFG aims to deliver low carbon and sustainable solutions for the built environment to help them meet their Net Zero Carbon commitments. Alongside delivering sustainable solutions, our contribution could aid in the creation of 250,000 green jobs, attracting at least £36bn in private sector investment.
If you would like to find out more about ConstructZero, click here.